Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Silence

I finished a book yesterday and realized it has been almost a month since I finished a book and just as long since I had posted here on my blog. This break from reading and blogging was not planned but just kind of happened. I have been reading. In fact, I have 4 books going right now which is uncommon for me. I am usually a one book at a time kind of reader.
I just have not been able to devote the time I usually do to reading or blogging. I want to jump back in and get all caught back up but with a baby due in less than 2 weeks I don't have great expectations. I am going to try to catch up on book posts etc but if there is another long absence please forgive me and don't disappear all together. I will be around but life is requiring some adjustments be made right now.

11 comments:

Gerbera Daisy Mom said...

When I was pregnant I couldn't focus on anything longer than a People Magazine article, and that was tough sometimes.

I've gone thru a reading drought lately. And I'm NOT pregnant! I've been reading The Help for two weeks and can't seem to make a dent. And I haven't even started Pope Joan for book club and that's next week!

Enjoy yourself!

Lisa said...

You have a lot on your plate right now. The blog will wait--just take care of you and baby!

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Good luck with the baby!

Thoughts of Joy said...

Please post as soon as you can after you have the baby. :) I hope you have an easy delivery and healthy baby.

Lezlie said...

We'll be here when you get back. You've got some rather important things to focus on right now. :-)

Lezlie

Jeanette said...

Gerbera Daisy-I've heard nothing but all out praise for The Help.
During my 1st trimester I could hardly read one page at a time but then things got better. I think my problem right now is the nesting. I have all these projects etc that I just have to get done right now! :-)

Thanks everyone! I'll try not to let the blog fall into complete oblivion. :-)

Susan said...

I was so excited when my feeder showed a new post from you. I'm so glad you popped in. Good luck with the baby!

Nan said...

Just enjoy every single minute of your life right now. It is a precious time.

Alyce said...

I hope your transition with the new baby goes smoothly! How exciting that there are only ten days to go!

Chantele said...

Good luck with the new baby!:)

Donna said...

I totally understand! I've been away from my blog too, since the end of July, and I just came back, but only because I'm two days overdue with my baby and have some extra time on my hands! :) Good luck with the baby's arrival, and I'll stay tuned to your blog!