Sunday, August 9, 2009

TSS: Where I Get My Books

I don't know if this is really interesting to anyone besides myself but several people around the book blogs have been posting about where they got the last 20 books they read from. Most of them were doing it to get a percentage of ARCs that they read and review but I don't do ARCs so I am just doing this to satisfy my own curiosity about some of my reading habits.

  1. Adventures of Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn- Library book
  2. Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy-Library book
  3. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton-Purchased from Barnes and Noble
  4. At Home with Beatrix Potter by Susan Denyer -Purchased from Barnes and Noble
  5. Fred Astaire by Joseph Epstein- Library book
  6. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See -Library book
  7. Miss Buncle Married by D.E. Stevenson- Library book through Inter-Library Loan
  8. Posters for the People by Ennis Carter-Library book
  9. Two People by AA Milne- Purchased from Book Depository
  10. The Two Mrs. Abbotts by D.E. Stevenson- Library book through ILL
  11. A Vicarage Family by Noel Streatfeild -Library Book through ILL
  12. The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer - Library book
  13. The Green Bay Tree by Louise Bromfield- Library book through ILL
  14. The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen by Teri Edwards and Serena Thompson-Purchased from Barnes and Noble
  15. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale- Library book
  16. The Five Bells and Bladebone by Martha Grimes -Purchased from Barnes and Noble
  17. The Journal of Helene Berr by Helene Berr-Library book
  18. The Case of the Left Handed Lady by Nancy Springer -Library book
  19. The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets by Nancy Springer -Library book
  20. Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold-Purchased from Book Depository

Not surprising at all that most of them came from the library.
70% came from the library
30% I purchased (20% from Barnes and Noble, 10% from Book Depository)
Pretty simple and cut and dry. Of course, the books purchased percentage is just off the last 20 books I read. I have bookshelves full of books I've bought and not read...I'll be doing something about that next year.
One thing I did find of interest is that ever since I paid for a membership in Barnes and Nobles rewards program last Christmas I have purchased most of my books from them. Before then I rarely shopped at Barnes and Noble...

4 comments:

Table Talk said...

I looked at this meme but thought there was little point in my filling it out as the only books I buy are those that are 'essential' reading for my course. I know I'm not going to be able to get them from the library and anyway I often want to make notes in them as I read. As an impoverished pensioner cum student everything else has to come form the library.

JoAnn said...

I thought this was interesting. Of my last 20 books, 10 were my own, 9 were from the library, and 1 was won in a blog give-away. I don't receive any ARC's.

Gavin said...

This is a curious meme. Most books I read come from the library but I have won a couple in blog give-aways in the last couple of months, and I did purchased several on our road trip.

Corinne said...

I played this game too! It was interesting to see, huh?? I saw your blog over at Gerbera Daisy Mom - I like it!!