Friday, August 14, 2009

Finished: War Through The Generations: WWII

Well, once again not a single book that I thought I'd read for this challenge was read. I really expected to read more non-fiction for this challenge so was surprised to find that only 2 out of the 6 I set out to read were non-fiction.
This is a time period I tend to read about fairly often so I still have a lot of titles currently on my TBR list and many that will be added I am sure.
This is a great reading challenge and the hosts have done an amazing job. Just look at the awesome blog they set up. Thanks ladies!

Here are the books I read: (linked to my posts about them)
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes
Saplings by Noel Streatfield
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel
The Journal of Helene Berr by Helene Berr

8 comments:

Serena said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge. I hope you will continue to check out the blog and email us any other reviews you have for the challenge...in case you decide to read more than the required 5.

Anna said...

Congrats on completing the challenge! I'll make sure all of these reviews are on the site soon. I'm so happy you participated. And thanks for the kind words about the challenge site. :)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Booklogged said...

It's always a good feeling finishing up a challenge. Good for you!

Rebecca :) said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! It always feels good to finish a challenge. Such a sense of accomplishment. I hope I feel that same sense of accomplishment with some challenges soon, lol.

ANovelMenagerie said...

Congratulations. Your blog has been nominated for a 2009 BBAW Award. If you email me your email address, I'll send you the information.

Sheri
BBAW Awards Committee
anovelmenagerie@aol.com

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

This is my favorite challenge this year. Yay for finishing it. How's the baby coming along? Not much longer, right?

E.M said...

I CAN`T wait to read every single one of the books you`ve talked about! I loved your blog.

Tristi said...

Hey there,

I wonder if I could contact you about reviewing some books for the publishing company I work for. Could you pop me a note?
tristipinkston@gmail.com

Thanks!