Friday, August 7, 2009

Decades Challenge Wrap-up

I did this challenge last year and barley squeaked by in finishing it so I am glad to have it completed a little earlier in the year this time around.
The goal was to read 9 books in 9 consecutive decades. Here is my final list:

1990s-
Emperors of Chocolate by Joel Glenn Brenner
1980s-Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
1970s-84, Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff
1960s-A Vicarage Family by Noel Streatfeild
1950s-Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym
1940s-One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes and Saplings by Noel Streatfield
1930s-Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild and Miss Buncle's Book by D.E. Stevenson
1920s-The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
1910s- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
1900s-The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

This is always a fun one. It is interesting to see which books I read will work for this one. I made a tentative list from my TBR list before I started but I don't think any of them made the final cut, so to speak.
Thanks to 3M for hosting this one.

3 comments:

Serena said...

congrats on finishing up this challenge early!

Lit and Life said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge. Sounds like one I'd like although some of the decades would be hard to find books for, I think.

3m.michelle said...

Congrats on finishing, and I hope you participate next time as well!