With this challenge I made a goal to read 15 books that I own. I made a list at the beginning of the year of the 15 books on my shelf that I wanted to read. Of the 15 books I listed, I read 2. 8 of the 15 books I read were purchased since the start of the challenge. So while I did meet my goal of reading 15 books I own, I did not really get too far in scaling down the number of books I own that I have not read.
Nan at Letters from a Hill Farm is only reading books that she owns this year. She is not buying new books or checking books out from the library. I think that is a brilliant idea, only I don't know if I could do it! I'm sure I have enough unread books on my shelf to fill a year of reading but it would be really difficult and my list of books to purchase/check out would be huge by the end of the year. Maybe I will pick a few random months in the year and spend a month at a time reading only books I already own. I will have to ponder on that some more.
Here is my list of books read from my shelves (so far) this year.
1. Mountain Home
2. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
3. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
4. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff
5. The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
6. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
7. Saplings by Noel Streatfield
8. Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
11. Because You Died by Vera Brittain
12. Remembrance by Theresa Breslin
13. The Rain Catchers by Jean Thesman
14. Up a Country Lane by Evelyn Birkby
15. In the Garden with Jane Austen by Kim Wilson
The RYOB challenge was hosted by MizB. Thanks!