Friday, July 10, 2009

Finished: In Their Shoes

This was an interesting challenge. There is only one book on the list of books I read that I had planned to read for this challenge and I still have several bios or memoirs on my TBR list that I am hoping to read this year.
The books I read:
1. Lincoln: A Photobiography
2. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
3. The Lincolns
4. The Other Half
5. Up a Country Lane

I found The Other Half to be immensely interesting and eye-opening and Up a Country Lane was just great. The others were interesting as well but those two are my favorites from this list.

Visit the In Their Shoes Challenge blog to see what other readers have been reading this year.

4 comments:

JC said...

I think it's great that you have the time to read so many books.

I used to read a lot before I had my two kids who are teenagers now.

Just recently I've been able to read a bit more ... always, something to do or somewhere to go.

I will be checking in on your Lists to see what's good ...

I must admit that I love going to a book store and walking around reading the titles and deciding which two to buy ...

Special K said...

Just found your blog and LOVE it!
If you'd like, check out mine....

(and a free giveaway!) http://thespecialktreatment.wordpress.com/

Angie said...

I love biographies and autobiographies - and the books you listed all sound really interesting.

Sheila DeChantal said...

This is a wonderful idea... I am going to check out what the others are reading as well.