Thursday, July 2, 2009

Everything Austen

Well, I've buckled. I love the idea of this challenge and don't want to miss out on the fun. I just don't know how challenging it will be, because as any one who knows me probably knows, I am just a bit of a devoted Jane Austen fan.
Stephanie from Stephanie's Written Word has put together this really fun Everything Austen Challenge (with prizes). All you have to do is pick 6 Austen-themed things you want to finish before the end of the year. That includes movie adaptations, sequels and fan fiction, works about Austen and of course Jane's work itself.
I am leaving my list open for now because I am such an on the whim reader. I do have some new (to me) bios I want to read and I've only done one Austen read this year (1! I usually try to read all 6 every year and I've only done one this year. Such a slacker). I am sure I won't have too much trouble coming up with six things to read or watch!

1. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler

5 comments:

Trish said...

I love a challenge that's easy. :) That's why I pick classics and non-fiction--usually the easiest books for me to get to. I'm doing terrible on challenges this year, so I'm not signing up for this one, but have fun!!

Amy said...

welcome to the challenge!!!! I signed up and can't wait to start reading :)

Kim said...

Sounds like fun even if it is easy. I'll have to think about joining myself.

Lit and Life said...

I'm doing the challenge as well. I thought I loved Austin but I've never managed to reread all six books in one year! My hat's off to you :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for joining my challenge!!