Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spring Reading Thing Wrap-up

Even though it has felt like Summer for awhile now, at least in my neck of the woods, Summer is just now ready to make its official start.
I made a personal goal for myself this spring to read between 30 and 40 books. Right now I am sitting at 31 so I guess I just made it.
For the official Spring Reading Thing Challenge I set a goal of 10 books that would help me accomplish other reading challenges that were ending during the spring or shortly thereafter.
I am happy to say that I read all 10 books and as of right now I have completed 7 reading challenges this year.

Here are the books I read for the Spring Reading Thing:

Black Beauty Anna Sewell
The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
All of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
Behind Rebel Lines by Seymour Reit
Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn Betty Smith
Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

Lots of good books on this list, as well as a few duds. My favorites were A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Under the Greenwood Tree and Ethan Frome.

The Spring Reading Thing was hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. Thanks Katrina!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I love your picks! They match the kind of reading mood I've been in lately. I'll have to try a few of those.

Launi said...

Good list...I'd be interested to know which you felt were duds. Way to go on all your goals!

mandbrid said...

I'm just about finished with A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. What a GREAT book! I'm so happy that you reveiwed it here and that I have the chance to read it. Thanks!