Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Title: The Memory Keeper's Daughter
Author: Kim Edwards
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 401
Published: 2005
Date Finished: 7 May 2009
My Rating: 2 Stars
Challenges: 100+, Name, New Author, Library


A man makes a bad decision, more people make bad decisions. Most of them are unhappy or at least troubled by the choices they made.
Did not really like it that much.
If you'd like more information than that you can read more reviews on Goodreads or check out an introduction to the book from Penguin.

7 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

My daughter read this book and then we watched the adaptation on TV. I was appalled by his choice, that he didn't want a baby with DS. I have a child with DS so I was especially interested in this. It was troubling to me on many levels.

I guess what bothers me the most is that many still have the same attitude toward people with DS.

Stephanie said...

I read this and spent a large portion of the book extremely pissed off. Wasn't my favorite, but I didn't regret reading it.

KT said...

I didn't like this one either. I was totally frustrated with everyone the entire time.

I really liked your summary :)

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I thought that the premise of this book was really good. You want to strangle some people throughout the entire book! Very frustrating.

Laura H said...

I agree with Kt, this book was really hyped and I thought it stinked.

Trish said...

This one didn't do anything for me either. I had a difficult time liking any of the main characters and never really felt attached.

Amy @ Passages to the Past said...

Glad I read this, I'll be sure to steer clear. Love the short and sweet, honest review!