Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gracing My Bookshelf

I picked these two books up recently from a secondhand bookstore. It is always tempting to walk away with a big stack of books when I visit a used bookstore but I was good and only bought two.
Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
I am apparently late to the party with this author. A friend of mine was absolutely raving about her and when I confessed I'd never heard of the author she was very aghast. I remedied the situation by buying one of her books.

Jane Austen: A Life by Claire Tomalin
A biography about Jane Austen that I've been meaning to read for awhile. I've heard that some people think this is a very definitive bio of Jane Austen and some feel pretty much the exact opposite. You will have to wait and see how I feel.

2 comments:

Amy @ Passages to the Past said...

Good picks - I've never heard of the first author either, so I'm interested in seeing your review in the future! Good job on sustaining your willpower!

Tricia said...

I love most of Adriana Trigiani's books. The Big Stone Gap series is excellent. I hope you enjoy it!