Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Reading Thing 2009



Spring is in the air! Which means it is time to sign up for the Spring Reading Thing hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days.

This year I am going to use the Spring Reading challenge to help me finish 3 other challenges I am signed up for.
Here are the books I am planning to read:

Black Beauty Anna Sewell
The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
All of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
Behind Rebel Lines by Seymour Reit
Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn Betty Smith
Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

6 comments:

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

"Behind Rebel Lines" is a really great book.
Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of HOPE..
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
Ch. 1 is online!

Alyce said...

You've got some good children's classics on the list! (Although I say that as a generalization - I've heard they're good. The only one I've read is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and I loved it!)

Amber, That's Me! said...

I have wanted to read A tree grows in Brooklyn. Great list- have fun!

Veggiemomof2 said...

I forgot how much I enjoyed English when we read Ray Bradbery, so I'm going to put him on my TBR list! Might have to wait until Fall reading 09 LOL

Penny (aka Yooperchick) said...

Oh wow! I love your reading list! Good luck on the new challenge (and getting caught up on the other challenges in the meantime.)

Nise' said...

I love Black Beauty. Have always wanted to read Etan Frome.