Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On a Personal Note

I know my blog has been very quite of late but I hope you are not giving up on me. I've got a nice big stack of books to review. Having my husband home for the past month has really put a crimp in my blogging time. His laptop is not working and so he has been using my computer to hunt for jobs and work on school assignments.
The good news? My husband was offered a job this week and will be returning to the working world at the end of this month. Yea! He was actually offered two jobs within two days, which was kinda crazy but good for us. He is really looking forward to the start of this new opportunity and only wishes they wanted him to start before the end of the month.
On a different personal note, my due date for the baby was adjusted a few days by my doctor. Her calculations were a few days different than mine but really, when it comes to having a baby I don't think a day or two difference in the estimated due date really amounts to much.
I am still dealing with morning sickness. I was hoping it would be passing by now but no such luck. My morning sickness with my son lasted several weeks into my second trimester so we will see what happens with this baby.
OK, that should be it for the personal, non-book related posts.
Reviews I've got in the works include:
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Miss Buncle's Book by D.E. Stevenson
The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Plus a few more.

7 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I'm so glad to hear about the job! Congrats and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the job, and I hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Chantele said...

I'm sorry you have had morning sickness! I hope you feel better soon! If it makes you feel any better, my morning sickness lasts the whole 9 months!;)

Alyce said...

Congratulations on your husband's job! I hope you feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! I had morning sickness until about week 19 with my youngest son. I feel your pain.

Congrats on your husband's job!

Shelley said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! I just hope you get over the morning sickness soon!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I think that I said congrats on Twitter but thought I would do so again. It's always a relief to not have the stress of being jobless.