Sunday, March 1, 2009

February 2009 Reading Review

What a month. I was actually kinda surprised when I started putting my stats together because I did not think I had read so much this month. This month was just a difficult month for reading. Between morning sickness, which I am still dealing with, and my husband being laid off, life has been stressful and normal routines have all but disappeared. I spent most of the month reading one book, Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens, and I am glad to have finally turned the last page. Here is the breakdown:

Books read
in February: 7
Yearly book count: 17
Pages read in February: 2573
Yearly page count: 5181

Juvenile Non-Fiction:
  • Lincoln: A Photobiogrpahy by Russell Freedman
  • The Lincolns: A Scrapbook Look at Abraham and Mary by Candace Fleming
YA Fiction:
  • Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
Fiction:
  • Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
  • The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
Non-Fiction:
  • Homeschooling: Take a Deep Breath You Can Do This by Terrie Lynn Bittner
  • The Emperors of Chocolate by Joel Glenn Brenner

Ratings:
5 Stars:
1 (The Painted Veil)
4 Stars:
4 (The Emperors of Chocolate, Lincoln: A Photobiography, The Lincolns: A Scrapbook Look, Our Mutual Friend)
3 Stars:
1 (Homeschooling: Take a Deep Breath You Can Do This)
2 Stars:
0
1 Star:
1 (Tender Morsels)

February Challenge Update
Daring Girls:1/9
Victorian: 1/3
Numbers: 1/5
Chunkster: 2/3
Dewey's Books: 1/5
What's in a Name: 1/6
Decades: 3/9
RYOB: 4/15
YA: 2/12
In Their Shoes: 3/5
Civil War: 1/12
New Author: 13/50
Library: 12/50
100+: 17/101

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I loved The Painted Veil too!

Kelly said...

Oh, you poor thing! Hopefully the morning sickness will end soon. :(

I didn't feel quite as strongly as you did about Tender Morsels, but I totally see what you mean. I got tired of reading from the bad men's point of view!

Kim said...

I've been wanting to read The Painted Veil ever since I read Shelley's review last year. I'll have to move it up on my TBR list.

I noticed that you're now 12 weeks and 1 day. 12 weeks is often the magic number. Are you feeling any better?

Kim said...

I just noticed the part about your husband being laid off. I'm so sorry. I hope he'll be able to find another job soon.