Monday, March 2, 2009

Classics Challenge

I've been waiting for Trish to announce the Classics Challenge and I am excited to get started next month.
I am going to sign up for the Classic Entree and read 5 books for this challenge. I do not know exactly which books I will read but they will probably come from the following list.
-Emma by Jane Austen
-Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
-Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
-Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
-Roughing It by Mark Twain
-Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
-Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy

6 comments:

Alyce said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is one of my favorites! Enjoy the challenge!

R Max said...

I've read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and loved it and I started reading "Roughing It" but after the first 30 or so pages I found it got a little tedious!

I'd be interested to know how you like it?

Lawanda said...

I love that version of Robin Hood :) Great list!

Kya said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is on my list too! So many people have raved about it on blogs.

Alyce said...

I’m just dropping by to let you know that I’ve given you an award! http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/awards-roundup.html

Trish said...

Great list Jeanette!! I haven't made mine yet (oops!), but I think I might include Ethan Frome and Tom Sawyer as possibles. Thanks for joining. :)