Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Red Reads Mo Willems

After we put the kids to bed tonight we could hear Red up in his room just laughing his head off and reading the Mo Willems book There is a Bird on Your Head. It was just too funny for us to sit downstairs and listen so I went upstairs with my camera in hand.
It took him a good 5 minutes to read and he did not laugh as loud as he was before I started filming but it is still cute. If you've read the book you will realize he took some liberties but I think that is bound to happen since he can't read yet and this is all coming from memory after only hearing it read to him once.
video

5 comments:

blue said...

You should check out Adventurebox books. They are great for Kids aged 6-9 and have award winning writer Michael Morpurgo as a guest author in the upcoming March issue! Video Interview here.

Joy said...

This was absolutely adorable! I smiled the whole way through. :)

Alyce said...

That was cute! What a smart boy! My four-year-old son was watching with me, and I know he didn't get what was going on with the story, but he laughed and giggled a lot at the video.

Louise said...

That was wonderful. My youngest is 2.5 and she loves to sit and read to herself. Of course she can't, but if you listen in, the stories she tells herself are priceless! In a way it's a shame they have to learn to do it for real!

Penny (aka Yooperchick) said...

That was so cute! I just checked out this book, so I hope that my children love it as much as yours does.