Monday, February 2, 2009

January 2009 Reading Review

Books read in January: 10
Yearly book count: 10
Pages read in January: 2608
Yearly page count: 2608

Juvenile Fiction:
Greetings From Nowhere by Barbara O'Connor
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Diamond Willow by Helen Frost
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild

YA Fiction:
Trouble by Gary D. Schmidt

Adult Fiction:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Burrows (re-read for book club, old review)
One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes

Adult Non-Fiction:
Mountain Home by Wilma Dykeman and Jim Stokely
Alice: Alice Roosevelt Longoworth, from White House Princess to Washington Power Broker by Stacy Cordery

Ratings:
5 Stars:
2 (Chains, One Fine Day)
4 Stars:
4 (Greetings from Nowhere, Mountain Home, Trouble, Ballet Shoes)
3 Stars:
3 (Diamond Willow, Coraline, Alice)
2 Stars:
0
1 Star:
0

January Challenge Update
Trying to decided how to update challenges. For now I will just list which ones I read a book for during the month.
Numbers: 1/5
Chunkster: 1/3
Dewey's Books: 1/5
What's in a Name?: 1/6
Decades: 2/9
RYOB: 2/15
YA: 1/12
In Their Shoes: 1/5
New Author: 8/50
Library: 7/50
100+: 10/101

Not a bad start to the year. Hope I can keep up the pace as this year is shaping up to be pretty eventful for my family.

10 comments:

Sandra said...

You did really well in January. I read your Guernsey Literary Society review and left a comment. I had a good month for reading too. My January reading review is here:

http://freshinkbooks.blogspot.com/2009/01/tss-january-in-review.html

Happy reading in February.

Irish said...

Gosh you are on fire woman .... I love coming to your site and reading your reviews :)

Alyce said...

Congrats on your reading progress so far this year!

Anna said...

Looks like you had a busy month! I'm reading Coraline right now.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Kim said...

Great job this month. Your blog is looking so fantastic. Everytime I come back I marvel at what you're doing. Keep it up.

J. Kaye said...

You are really putting a major dent in your reading challenges! Way to go!!

Shelley/Chain Reader said...

I take it from the stork on the sidebar that you are expecting. Congratulations!
I just finished Guernsey (too long to type out!) and really liked it.

Meghan said...

Looks like you're making progress on your challenge goals! I definitely struggle with those myself, so I'm always impressed when others are so on task.

And congrats on your pregnancy! I'm just hopping over from Natasha's blog. Very exciting!

Molly said...

I just read the interview you gave for Maw Books blog and I truly enjoyed it. First of all, congratulations on your wonderful news (I hope you are feeling well) - and secondly, I am so glad that I had the opportunity to "get to know you" better. I am also a shy person in real life and tend to express thoughts and feelings more readily on my blog.

I am very impressed with your January stats :)

Joy said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations on your pregnancy (and a good reading month)! :)

BTW - I really enjoyed your interview on Maw Books.