Saturday, January 24, 2009

Library Loot

Since this is my first week participating in Library Loot I thought I should lay all my cards out and let you all know that I usually have huge stacks of books checked out from the library. I actually returned a large stack of books, about 20, earlier this week. I am going to try to keep my circulation numbers down a little. We'll see how that goes...



Here is what I picked up this week:

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
Massacre at Mountain Meadows
The Eleventh Man
Walking to Vermont
I also picked up a few cookbooks, some knitting books and a gardening book.

And here is a shot of all the other books I have out right now. Some of these I have renewed 3 or 4 times and really need to get read soon.
(Library Loot)

7 comments:

Trish said...

I hope you enjoy Little Giant! I also noticed some John Green tucked away in the basket. I haven't read anything by him, but I've heard really great things

Alessandra said...

Welcome to Library Loot! I see An Abundance of Katherines and Coraline in your last shot. I loved them both; I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Alyce said...

Looks like you have a lot of fun books there! I really enjoyed The Little Giant of Aberdeen County - I hope you like it too!

samantha.1020 said...

Looks like you have some great books checked out! I always forget to look at cookbooks when I am at the library..I just get to distracted by the other books :)

Laura H said...

I see you have Massacre at Mountain meadows. My husband's grandma wrote the first Mountain Meadow Massacre(Juanita Brooks). I've tried to read it several times but could not get into it (very dis loyal of me). I heard that the book you have is better with more details.Let me know.

Eva said...

I usually have a bunch of books checked out too. :D Yours look like a lot of fun!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

We can check out 30 books and usually I have to ask my husband for his card once I fill mine up. I'm planning on reading Little Giant this month if I can.