Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's Tuesday!

I am in Washington D.C. celebrating a White House Christmas with Alice Roosevelt Longworth and her family. It has been almost a year since Alice Roosevelt married Nick Longworth and while things have not been all roses they are doing well, for now. After finally getting away from the control of her family Alice is finding that she enjoys spending time with them now. She is starting to come in to herself and it won't be long before she becomes a major political player, not just Princess Alice, one of America's earliest paparazzi stars. (It's Tuesday...Where are you?)


"Finally, Alice's dream was coming true: she had found a wealthy man, made him love her, fell for him in turn, and gloried in the culmination of her days as a single woman in the White House. Alice was toasted, congratulated, gifted with fabulous presents, remarked upon, photographed, followed by crowds, and almost entirely free from parental control." (pg 153) (Teaser Tuesday)




Alice: Alice Roosevelt Longworth, from White House Princess to Washington Power Broker by Stacy A. Cordery






6 comments:

Sunny said...

Very intriguing! Makes me want to know more.

Beth F said...

Wow!! Great Where Are You? and teaser.

I've had this one on my radar.

Margot said...

I like good memoirs and your teasers have me interested. Thanks for sharing.

The Bumbles said...

Ah - regardless of the time period, being almost free from parental control has always been so important hasn't it?

Scrap girl said...

i like the Where are you? section. I haven't read any before. I actually thought you were there at a glance

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

Very interesting teaser! Is this a historical fiction book?

Here's my Teaser! :) Wendi