Saturday, December 6, 2008

Book Stacks

Currently Reading
The Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick. I've been reading this for weeks but only because I let other books sneak in and steal my attention away from this one. It is actually very good and I should finish it this weekend.








Reading Next
: I've got 4 books that I have to finish this month for challenges. Thankfully they are all fairly short so it should not be too difficult even with all the holiday festivities.
To finish up the YA Reading Challenge:
What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell










The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart.











For the Decades Challenge:
Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski








Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell








I am looking forward to starting 2009 with The Irregulars, a book about Roald Dahl as a British Spy during WWII and One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes.
So much to read...

5 comments:

Charley said...

I recently read both The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks and What I Saw and How I Lied - I hope you enjoy them. Though What I Saw won the National Book Award, I preferred Frankie.

Beth F said...

I really liked Mayflower.

Jennifer Dee said...

Hi Jeanette,

I just wanted to say that I have just subscribed to your post, and ,also to say that I love the look of your blog, it has to be the best looking one anywhere. I also find the content just as lovely and well informed. You are the first one I look at each morning. Keep up the good wortk.

Michelle said...

Oh I love Island of the Blue Dolphins, it was one of my favourites as a child. Is it a reread?

Jeanette said...

Jennifer, thanks! I am glad to hear that you like my blog.

Michelle, believe it or not, I've never read Island of the Blue Dolphins. I figure it is about time I do something about that.