Monday, November 17, 2008

Read Your Own Books 2009

So, in my last post I mentioned my library addiction and signed up to read 50 library books next year. Now I am signing up to read some of my own books in 2009. I have a nice stack of books on my shelves that have been sitting there waiting and waiting to be read but I keep bringing home those darn library books so they don't get read. I am going to commit to read 15 of my own books in 2009. That number might be a little low, but, you know, I've got that whole library addict thing going on. :-)
The rules are pretty simple. Set a goal for how many of your own books you want to read in 2009 and then read them between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009.
All the details can be found at MizB's Challenge Blog.

My books read in 2009:
1. Mountain Home
2. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
3. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
4. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff
5. The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
6. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
7. Saplings by Noel Streatfield
8. Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
11. Because You Died by Vera Brittain
12. Remembrance by Theresa Breslin
13. The Rain Catchers by Jean Thesman
14. Up a Country Lane by Evelyn Birkby
15. In the Garden with Jane Austen by Kim Wilson
Etc.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but I think it's a great idea! I have so many books sitting on my shelves that I haven't read. I should probably either read them or get rid of them.