Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Newbery Medal and Honor Books

I am trying to clean up my blog a little, especially my cluttered side bar. I have challenged myself to read all the Newbery Medal and Honor books and was keeping track of the titles and the dates I read them on my sidebar. The list is going to get very long eventually so I am creating this post to track the titles and my reviews. I will create a link to this post on my sidebar instead of listing them all there.
I will list titles as I read them. A complete list of winners can be found at the ALA website.Medal Winners
2008: Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village by Laura Amy Schlitz (Mar '08)
2007: The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (Feb'08)
1988: Lincoln: A Photbiography by Russel Freedman (Feb '09)
1961:
Island of the Blue Dolphins (Dec '08)

Honor Books
2009: Savvy by Ingrid Law (Oct '08)
The Underneath by Kathi Appelt (Aug '08)

2008:
Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson (Apr '08)

2007: Penny from Heaven by Jennifer L. Holm (Feb '08)
Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson (Mar '08)
Rules by Cynthia Lord (Apr '08)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I need to do some organizing too. Good start on the Newberys. That's a goal of mine too and I think I will borrow your idea if you don't mind. :)