Saturday, November 22, 2008

Decades Challenge 2009

I am signing up for all my challenges for next year now because things are going to be busy in December and I want to make sure I have every thing set up when the new year starts. With that said, I think I am only signing up for a few more challenges this week. I am working on the last few decades for the Decades '08 challenge and I am ready to start thinking about next year.

Decades ‘09 Rules:

1. Read a minimum of 9 books in 9 consecutive decades in ‘09.

2. Books published in the 2000’s do not count.

3. Titles may be cross-posted with any other challenge.

4. You may change your list at any time.

5. Peruse the eligible book lists and reviews from 2008 or 2007. Any book from that decade is eligible; it doesn’t have to be on the list to qualify. A good source to find out when books were published is wikipedia. For example if you follow this link, you will see how easy it is to search books by a particular decade. Another resource is fantasticfiction.co.uk.

The Decades challenge is being hosted by 3M again this year.

My books will be listed here as I read them.
1990s-Emperors of Chocolate by Joel Glenn Brenner
1980s-Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
1970s-84, Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff
1960s-A Vicarage Family by Noel Streatfeild
1950s-Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym
1940s-One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes
1940s-Saplings by Noel Streatfield
1930s-Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
1930s-Miss Buncle's Book by D.E. Stevenson
1920s-The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
1910s- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
1900s-The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
1880s-The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
1870s-Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
1860s-Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens

1 comment:

3m said...

Wow, you've made some great progress!