Saturday, November 1, 2008

Book Stacks

I have a lot of library books checked out again. Will I ever be able to go into a library and not walk out with more books than I can possibly read in 3 weeks? Doubtful.
I've been reading a lot of Juvenile and Young Adult books recently. For the most part they have been really enjoyable reads. I've read and and have reviews coming for the following Juvenile and Young Adult books:
Waiting for Normal
Savvy
Twilight (Do I really need a link for this book? Is there anyone who does not know what this book is?)
The Hunger Games
The Trouble Begins at 8

I currently have about 12 Juvenile and Young Adult books checked out from the library that I am eager to read this month.

I am also continuing my goal of adding more non-fiction into my reading time. I've stalled on America, 1908 but I am going to try and focus on it this week and finish it.
I bought three books about the Roosevelts at recent library book sales and I also have Alice checked out from the library. I am feeling an interest in this family right now (The Oyster Bay branch not so much the Hyde Park branch.)
I've been wanting to read Mayflower for several months now and thought November would be a good month to do so.
There is a little peek at some of the books that are littering my shelves and filling my book basket.
Happy Reading!

6 comments:

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I have about 15 books checked out from the library right now. Like you I come away with way more than I can read. I've been enjoying my juvenile and young adult reads this year, I've never really read them before and it's been fun!

Chain Reader said...

I call it "book storage." You must be prepared for all types of emergencies. I find that I have times in my life where I love the comfort of childrens/YA books. Twilight is just pure escapism. I really want to read Savvy.

Booklogged said...

Hi, Jeanette. I followed a link from chain reader's blog. I should never do that because I already have more people on my feedback list than I can keep track of, but it's always fun to stumble on new blogs, too. Yours is so delightful. Love the design.

Booklogged said...

Wow - just when I posted my comment Chain Reader's comment showed up, too. Spooky!

Trish said...

I've been wanting to read Mayflower as well, so I look forward to reading what you think!

Kim said...

I bet I have over 50 used books that I've bought this year and I've hardly even touched them because I go to the library and check out more. Then I feel like they should be the priority and the books I own just sit there even though I really want to read them. I can't seem to keep myself away from the library, though, and I don't really want to.