Here are the 2009 rules:
- Read a minimum of 9 books first published in 2009. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2009, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2008, and then published in the USA in 2009, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2009.
- No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
- At least 5 titles must be fiction.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
Books Published in 2009:
1. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
2. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
3.The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
4. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
5. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale