Friday, November 21, 2008

2009 Pub Challenge

This challenge will be the most difficult for me, I think. I don't read a lot of newly published books, at least I didn't this year. The books I did read that were published in 2008 were mostly middle grade readers and Young Adult which do not qualify for this challenge. I guess that is one of the points of reading challenges though, to read something you might not have otherwise read. So bring on the challenge! :-)

Here are the 2009 rules:

  1. Read a minimum of 9 books first published in 2009. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2009, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2008, and then published in the USA in 2009, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2009.
  2. No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
  3. At least 5 titles must be fiction.
  4. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
  5. You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
3M from 1morechapter is the host of the Pub Challenge.

Books Published in 2009:
1. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
2. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
3.The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
4. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
5. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
Etc.

2 comments:

Lezlie said...

I had fun with this challenge this year, and signed up to do it again for 2009. Glad you'll be joining us!

Lezlie

Kim said...

I only joined two challenges this past year and I don't think I will finish either one. I'm not sure if challenges are right for me or if I just didn't go about it the right way. Actually, I know I didn't go about it the right way. I just read books and then if they fit in the challenge-Great! I think I'll choose some smaller challenges for next year if I do any.