Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update The First and Intro Meme

First, my apologies to those who subscribe to this blog in a reader. I will be posting a lot today but will be back to my erratic posting schedule after today.

I rolled out of bed about 45 minutes before the Read-a-thon started this morning. While the rest of my family slept in I showered, put on some comfy lounging clothes and had breakfast. My baby woke up just as the read-a-thon started so the first book I read was 5 Little Monkeys. After that I passed her and her stinky diaper to her daddy and I started reading Twilight.

Here are the answers to the meme that Dewey posted:

Where are you reading from today? I have spent the morning in bed but as soon as my family leaves for the aquarium I will probably move downstairs. More specifically, I reading in Ohio.

3 facts about me: I have blond hair, my favorite MLB player is Troy Glaus, I like watching documentaries

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I have a basket with 15 in it but I doubt I will read more than 3 of them, maybe 4?

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Just to read as much as possible for as long as possible. I really want to get as close to 24 hours of reading as I can.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? First timer. And having a blast!

I think every Saturday should start like this morning did. Me in bed with a book and no interruptions from kids or husband, or at least very minimal interruptions.

Here is my official update for this post:
Current Book Reading: Twilight
Running total of pages read since I started: 122
Running total of time spent reading since I started: 2 hours

Got to get back to reading now! :-)

3 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i'm so glad you're participating!

i think Twilight is a good read-a-thon pick. although it's long, it's quick and fun. i hope you enjoy it!

Trish said...

Wow! Already over 120 pages!! I'm glad you're having fun. I love the read-a-thon!!

Chain Reader said...

I love documentaries too! Twilight is a great book for this. If my daughter hadn't loaned it to a friend, I might be reading Breaking Dawn today!