Thursday, October 2, 2008

September Reading Review

September was kind of a crazy month with lots happening, some expected and some unexpected. I still managed to get in a decent amount of reading.

Here is my break down for the month:
4 Non-Fiction
2 Fiction
1 Juvenile Fiction
1 YA Fiction

Non-Fiction
Looking For Anne of Green Gables
The Great Dayton Flood of 1913
The President's House
The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life

Fiction
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Skeletons at the Feast

Juvenile Fiction
The Candy Shop War

Young Adult
Anne of Windy Poplars

Books read in September: 8
Total pages read in September: 2359
Yearly book count: 61

September Challenge Update
A Daring Book Challenge
9 books between 6/15/08 and 6/15/09: 0/9 (I need to start working on this one)
Ongoing Challenge (to read the whole list) 28

Summer Reading Thing 2008: This one wrapped up in September. I read 21 books.

A to Z Reading Challenge: 33/52
I am not sure what I am going to do about this one. I would love to finish it and think I will get close but at this point in the year I don't know how much I want to take the time to read some obscure author or book to mark off some letters. There are just too many books that I want to read to take the time to read books I don't want to read in order to finish this. Know what I mean? We will see what the next few months bring.

Decades Challenge 2008: 9/8 (I've read books from 9 decades but they are not all in a row so I have not actually completed the challenge.)

Young Adult Reading Challenge: 5/12

Fall into Reading: 2/22

2 comments:

Martha said...

Jeanette,
I just stumbled across your blog from the mormon moms list. I love it! I'm always looking for a good book, and it's nice to have another mormon mom's point of view. Your post really made me want to read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel society. I can't wait!
Martha

Brittanie said...

I am with you on the A-Z challenge. I have some of the harder letters left too. I am not sure which ones you are still looking for titles. Visit the link in my sidebar to see my lists. Maybe we can fill in some gaps for each other. :)