Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Summer Reading Wrap up

I read 21 books during the Summer Reading Thing this year.
If a book has no hyperlink that is because I have not reviewed it yet. You'll just have to come back to read my review later. :-)

Home by Julie Andrews
Once Upon a Town by Bob Greene
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
Anne of the Island by LM Montgomery
The Watsons and Emma Watson by Joan Aiken
Anne of Windy Poplars by LM Montgomery
The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull
Cankered Roots by GG Vandagriff
Of Deadly Descent by GG Vandagriff
Tangled Roots by GG Vandagriff
The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz
The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn and Hal Iggulden
Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
Bronte's Book Club by Kristiana Gregory
Sunflower Houses by Sharon Lovejoy
Faith, Hope and Charity by Janet Peterson and LaRene Gaunt
The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The Great Dayton Flood of 1913 by Trudy E. Bell
Looking for Anne of Green Gables by Irene Gammel

That is 13 Fiction and 8 Non-Fiction books.

Favorites:
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Anne of the Island

I also really enjoyed:
The Underneath
Shooting the Moon
Faith, Hope and Charity
Looking for Anne of Green Gables

Books I enjoyed the least:
Skeletons at the Feast
Cankered Roots
Of Deadly Descent
Tangled Roots

Not bad for a busy Summer. We will see how I do this Autumn.
Thanks to Inksplasher for hosting The Summer Reading 2008.

1 comment:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Imagine my joy when I looked at your great and comfy reading chair, then looked at your list and found my book Sunflower Houses, which I wrote in 1991. Thanks for giving it such a life line, which seems to be getting rare these days.

Your list is perfect. Most are my favorites, some are new and I'll check them out.

Keep up your great blog!

Blessings, Sharon Lovejoy (sharonlovejoy.blogspot.com)