Monday, September 15, 2008

Skeletons at the Feast

The best part of this book is when the author lists the sources he used to write this book. I am going to add those books to my list of books to read.
I did not actually read all this book. Pretty early on I just started skimming through it and then I read the end. I was turned off by the explicit and needless graphic descriptions of Anna and Callum's relationship. I really hate reading books that are gratuitous just for the sake of being gratuitous.
The author also clearly did his research and gave his readers a laundry list of every cruel atrocity that occurred during WWII. Again, too many needless graphic descriptions.
I would not recommend this book.


Skeltons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian
372 Pages


3 comments:

Trish said...

Eeks! Such a beautiful cover and title. I don't appreciate gratuitous/graphic anything either!

Motherboard said...

You have been added! Your blog is delightful!
Motherboard, MMB

Katie Webb said...

I just recently discovered your blog and I love it! I am giving you a blog award! Check out my Homemaking 101 site for details.