Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Finds

Here are the books that I found and added to my TBR list this week.

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (Can't remember where I found this one, someones blog...)
A look at France during the Nazi occupation in WWII.




Pemberley Shades by D.A. Bonavia-Hunt (Found via Austen Prose)
This was originally published in 1949 and is the second P&P sequel written. (You know, back in the day when people wrote sequels based on the book and not on Colin Firth jumping into a pond.)

Our Tempestuous Day by Carolly Erickson (Found via Jane Austen in Vermont)
I am really interested in learning more about the Regency Era and this looks like a good book to do just that.


Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart (Found via 2 Kids and Tired Book Reviews)
This one just looks like a fun and interesting read.




Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson (Not sure where I found this one.)
The description of this book just makes me want to run out and find a copy of it right now. It sounds like just the type of book I would enjoy.


Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs (Found via Bloggin' 'bout Books. She reviewed a later book in the series, this one is the first in the series.)
I have not read many mysteries this year. When I finish (or catch up on) one of the current mystery series I am reading, I will have to look into this series.

The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague by John M. Berry
(Found via surfing around Goodreads.)
I am interested in reading about the 1918 outbreak but I don't think I will care too much for the hype and doomsday bit about "the growing danger of the avian flu."



9 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm waiting for 'Sarah's Key' to show up in the mail and I added 'Our Tempestuous Day: A History of Regency England' to my Amazon wishlist.

Debbi said...

those first two look so interesting to me too! I'll have to add them to my list.

Trish said...

Sarah's Key sounds really good! I have Suite Francaise on my shelf--also about Nazi occupied France. By the way, in my google reader your pictures are beauitfully staggered--did you do something special to the formatting? I always have such a tough time formatting in blogger when I add pictures!!

gautami tripathy said...

Good finds! I want to read the first one!

Check out my finds!

Jeanette said...

Trish-The way they look staggered in the reader is pretty much how they looked in the compose mode. I just lined them up as close as I could so there would not be big gaps between the pictures like there normally is. I really have no idea what I am doing though, as can be evidenced in my last post. I completely messed up posting the pictures and it looks terrible but I am too tired to deal with it.

Trish said...

Haha--it looks great in this post anyway!!

MizB said...

I read "Deja Dead" this year, and it was really good! A little gory, but still very good. ;)

Anna said...

Sarah's Key sounds great. I love WWII books. Thanks for the recommendation!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for a great list. I have read some really great books recently recommended by bloggers.