Monday, September 8, 2008

August Reading Review

Edit: I missed a book. I actually read 5 books in August. I have edited the numbers etc to reflect the book I missed.

I knew that August had turned out to be a slow reading month but it was not until I sat down to write this that I realized I only finished 4 books in the month of August. That is second only to May when I think I only read 2 books. I am really hoping to go on a reading frenzy this month. September is generally a slow month so, fingers crossed, it will be a good reading month.

The break down of the books I read goes as follows:
2 Young Adult
1 Mystery (LDS Fiction)
1 Fiction
1 Non-Fiction

Young Adult
Anne of the Island
The Underneath (this book is also categorized as Juvenile)

Mystery

Tangled Roots

Fiction
The Watsons and Emma Watson (Review Coming)

Non-Fiction
Faith, Hope and Charity

Total pages in August: 1403
Yearly book count, so far: 53

August Challenge Update:
The Summer Book Trek ended this month. I was hoping to read more for this challenge but called it good with 3.

Here is a list of the reading challenges I am currently participating in:
A Daring Book Challenge
9 books between 6/15/08 and 6/15/09: 0/9
Ongoing Challenge (to read the whole list) 28

Summer Reading Thing 2008: 15/38

A to Z Reading Challenge: 30/52

Decades Challenge 2008: 9/8 (I've read books from 9 decades but they are not all in a row so I have not actually completed the challenge.)

Young Adult Reading Challenge: 4/12

1 comment:

Trish said...

Well--all said and done, four books is still really good! And your yearly count so far is 52--thats over a book a week anyway. :) I'd say that's great!