Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Reading Thing 2008


I am feeling very ambitious today. The chances that I will actually be able to read all the books I am about to list during the summer are pretty slim. But I am sure gonna try to read as many of them as I can.


  1. Home by Julie Andrews

  2. Once Upon a Town by Bob Greene

  3. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson

  4. Anne of the Island by LM Montgomery

  5. The Watsons and Emma Watson by Joan Aiken

  6. Anne of Windy Poplars by LM Montgomery

  7. The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull

  8. Emma by Jane Austen

  9. Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman

  10. One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes

  11. Goodnight Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian

  12. Two Histories of England by Charles Dickens and Jane Austen

  13. Anne's House of Dreams by LM Montgomery

  14. Booth by David M Robertson

  15. Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary

  16. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

  17. Alcatraz Vs. the Evil Librarian by Brandon Sanderson

  18. Momfidence by Paula Spencer

  19. Wickett's Remedy by Myla Goldberg

  20. Cankered Roots by GG Vandagriff

  21. Of Deadly Descent by GG Vandagriff

  22. Tangled Roots by GG Vandagriff

  23. Anne of Ingleside by LM Montgomery

  24. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

  25. An Infameous Army by Georgette Heyer

  26. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

  27. Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns

  28. Bleak House by Charles Dickens

  29. History of Jospeh Smith by His Mother by Lucy Mack Smith

  30. The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz

  31. The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn and Hal Iggulden

  32. The Non Runners Marathon Guide for Women by Dawn Dais

  33. One Minute Organizer by Donna Smallin

  34. Houseworks by Cynthia Townly Ewer

  35. Marie-Therese, Child of Terror: The Fate of Marie Antoinette's Daughter by Susan Nagel

  36. London War Notes by Mollie Panter-Downes

  37. Summer of 1787 by David O Stewart
38?? Yeah, I know I am crazy! But I also know I will be very lucky to read about 20 of these books. I'd love to read this many books over the summer because that will get me much closer to my goal for the year.
This list is subject to change but I am going to try very hard to stick to this list and not add anymore. (Yeah, right!)

Books added after I created my original list:
-Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
-Bronte's Book Club by Kristiana Gregory
-Sunflower Houses by Sharon Lovejoy
-Faith, Hope and Charity by Janet Peterson and LaRene Gaunt
-The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
-Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian

More information on the Summer Reading Thing 2008

3 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Great list! You've included lots of books that I've read and loved and also many that I want to read, too! I can't wait to see how it goes for you.

Brittanie said...

Lots of books ;) I have decided not to join the Summer Reading Challenge. I have too much going on. I am def. doing the Fall one though. :)

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I see you've got Michelle Magorian on your list. Her 'Back Home' is my #1 favorite book of all time. I highly, highly suggest you check that one out, I promise you won't be disappointed. 'Goodnight, Mr. Tom' is also good, but in a different way. Happy summer reading!