Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

This has actually been a slow reading week for me. I finished It's A Mall World After All and read Ramona the Pest. I am currently a little more than half way through The Price We Paid: The Complete Story of the Willie and Martin Handcart Pioneers. I am really enjoying this book and learning a lot about a topic I thought I knew more about than I apparently do. This book will get a high rating when I am done reading it.
Do you know what happens when I get to go to the library without my kids? Without a baby who gets impatient and fussy after being in her stroller for 5 minutes? Without my 3 year old who likes to pull books off the shelf and say "Here mommy, you should read this one?" I get to browse! And what happens when I browse? I check out more books than I will ever read in the three weeks I have to read them.

Since I checked all these books out and I've had a few ILL books come in I've had to rearrange my up-next reading list. Since I can't renew ILL books they always get moved to the top. This week I plan to finish The Price We Paid and Queen of the Castle (both ILL books) and try to read the Italian as well. Like last week, I hope to finish these and then start I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson. Of course, if more ILL books come in, that will change again. :-)

I added 13 books to my TBR list this week. A lot better than the 31 I added the week before!
Some of the highlights include:
A Soldier of the Great War by Mark Helprin
Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Consequences by Penelope Lively
The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman

I hope you all have a great week of reading!

4 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I love seeing what you're reading. I usually add a few books to my list after reading these posts. :)

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

The library without kids? Does such a thing really exist?! So much fun! I'll be reading I Am A Mother next month for my book club at church. I heard it's a nice fast read, I'm looking forward to it.

Chain Reader said...

I always check out more books than I can possibly read. I consider it my "book storage." Heaven forbid I should run out! (My library is only five minutes away, and I compulsively go about 3 times a week, so I guess running out would not be a big deal.)
I remember trips to the library with kids and never even making it to the adult section.
I hope you enjoy your selections!

SmallWorld Reads said...

LOVED Mrs. Mike!!!