Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oxford World Classics and Cranford

Oxford World Classic is issuing all new editions of their books and their website has this neat quiz you can take to see which Oxford World Classic character you are. It is short, only 5 questions. Apparently I am most like Alice in Wonderland because I am a "dreamer with a vivid imagination, someone who thinks outside the box, with a tendency to end up in unusual situations." Hmm...interesting. Not sure how well that describes me but I'll take it! :-)
Incidentally, all my Jane Austen books are Oxford World Classics, as are many of my other classics. I guess I am going to have to start buying all the new editions. :-) I actually own 3 copies of Pride and Prejudice. One for the car, one for downstairs and one for upstairs, but shhh, don't tell anyone because that is just crazy!
I really hope you all watched Cranford on Sunday. It was absolutely delightful and I don't think I have ever laughed so much while watching PBS. I loved it and can't wait to see the rest! If your missed it, you can watch the first episode at PBS. If you have never read anything by Elizabeth Gaskell, I highly recommend you go pick one of her books up and read it. I should be re-reading North and South in the next few weeks.


Cross posted at Strong and Immovable

1 comment:

Medbie said...

I was forced to read Gaskell during a Women's History class many moons ago and LOVED her. I have all her books in my private library, most of them read. It's nice to see someone else reads her for pleasure too!