Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Reading Thing 2008




I have a reading list that will probably take me a year or two to actually read, and the fact that I am constantly adding to it really won't help matters. So I've just taken the first 15 titles off my reading list to use for the Spring Reading Thing. I debated about how many books I should list. A lot of these should be quick reads, so I put 15. I Hope I will actually be able to read that many this spring!
  1. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

  2. For the Sake of Elena by Elizabeth George

  3. Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson

  4. I am the Only Running Footman by Martha Grimes

  5. A Walk with Jane Austen by Lori Smith

  6. Rules by Cynthia Lord

  7. L is for Lawless by Sue Grafton

  8. Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

  9. The Italian by Ann Radcliffe

  10. It's a Mall World After All by Janette Rallison

  11. I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson

  12. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

  13. Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery

  14. Two Histories of England by Jane Austen and Charles Dickens

Head over to Callapidder Days to sign up with your own list.

Edited on 31 March: I am removing Upon the Mountains from the list because inter-library loan is have a difficult time locating a copy for me. I am also adding two books to the list:

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Austenland by Shannon Hale


14 comments:

Pattie said...

Great list! Have fun!

Katrina said...

Looks like a really good list, Jeanette! I've had Elizabeth George and Martha Grimes on my list of "authors to try" for a while -- I should probably get around to actually trying them, huh? Thanks for being part of SRT '08!

ellen b said...

Looks like a great list. I finally read Anne of Green Gables this year. Your Jane Austen books sound interesting...

Niki said...

Wow, you sure must read fast! Nice 2 meet you :)
Hop on over to my blog to see my list.

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great list! I can't wait to add some of these books to my list. I am trying to read a lot of Jane Austen's books.. I think Sense and Sensibility might be the next on the list.

Becky said...

We have some books in common :) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery.

Rules by Cynthia Lord, by the way, is great. I hope you enjoy :)

stephanie said...

Great list!

Deena said...

Great variety! And some new names for me....can't wait to read your thoughts!

Nise' said...

I am reading Sense and Sensibility! I am going have to check out A Walk With Jane Austen. Enjoy your reading.

the lazy reader said...

I enjoyed A Walk with Jane Austen. Its a lovely memoir. I really enjoyed I Am A Mother. I hope you do too.

the lazy reader said...

Oh, and I love your chair. Looks super comfy.

Misadventures of the Dynamic Uno said...

Great List! I'm in agreement with most of your ratings on your sidebar, so I can't wait to see how you rate some of the books on your list. Happy Reading!

eva said...

Wow! What a list! I look forward to reading your reviews!

Karen said...

I read the "walk with Jane Austen" and for the most part, enjoyed it. Good list! One of these days, I will try Elizabeth George, mystery writer. The other Elizabeth George is one of my favorites.