Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Old Book, New Name



A few years ago I read one of many, many, many Austen sequels that are out on the market. It was the first and one of the few of this genre that I have read. It was titled "Consequences: or whatever became of Charlotte Lucas." It was a short, little volume that I read in a matter of hours. It brought together the children of most of the characters in each of Jane Austen's 6 major novels. It was a bit difficult at times to keep track of them all, but overall, I remember the story being a fun and enjoyable read.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs today when lo and behold I find out a new edition of the book is out, titled "The Darcys Give a Ball."

I have added it to my reading list and look forward to reading it again. I'll put up a more complete review once I have. In the meantime, since I have read it in the past, I can say that it is one out of the many, many Austen sequels out there that I would recommend worth reading.

No comments: