The rules are simple:
1. Read a minimum of 8 books in 8 consecutive decades in ‘08.
2. Books published in the 2000’s do not count.
3. Titles may be cross-posted with any other challenge.
4. You may change your list at any time.
Here's my list:
- 1990s-For the Sake of Elena by Elizabeth George
- 1980s- I am the only Running Footman by Martha Grimes
- 1970s-The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- 1960-Island of the Blue Doplhins by Scott O'Dell
- 1950s-The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
- 1940s-Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski
- 1930s-Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
- Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
- 1920s-The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer
- 1910s-Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
- 1850s-North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- 1840s-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- 1810s-Sense and Sensability by Jane Austen
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- 1790s-The Italian by Ann Radcliffe